Before I get cranked up to proffer my irreverent opinions about who will win this year’s American Idol, I have some tidbits and follow-ups that are thematically relevant, to wit:
- Tight end Andrew Quarless was suspended from the wintering football team after being arrested for DUI following some Saturday night revelry. He blew a .084. Oh, by the way, Quarless is 19 and he was driving a white BMW that ostensibly belonged to “a friend.”
- LaschOut.com is reporting that Bill Cowher’s house in Raleigh is up for sale.
- Defensive tackle Phil Taylor was formally charged in last year’s HUB fraternity party incident.
- Chris Baker was exonerated by PSU Judicial Affairs for his alleged involvement in the same indicent. However, he still faces criminal charges relating to both the Melee at the Meridian and the HUB Hullabaloo.
- Austin Scott (remember him?) will participate in Pro Day at PSU on March 13 to show off his skills, or lack of same for NFL scouts. They’re going to just love his reluctance to smash through holes (on the field, that is).
And now, back to whatever I was doing before I got this inspiration.