Stakes are High
This past week we witnessed how the actions of one individual affected the lives of so many. Fortunately, for them, justice was served and hopefully they can start to heal.
The Sunday Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s headline read “For PSU the case has just begun.” Over the past eight months, the actions and inaction of our board of many has immensely impacted our university. Their actions moved the focus of the abuse from Jerry Sandusky to PSU. Interesting how the scandals at Syracuse and the Citadel were short term…for Penn State it may well take years to recover.
To keep moving on as usual will be difficult. The blows to Penn State from the press and the public are getting harder and more frequent. This is having an adverse effect on our university and our alumni and each of us will have to be ready to take and endure more blows.
For the future that Penn State is facing, we need qualified leaders who will give the issues total focus and dedication. And they need guts! Right now we know the stakes are high and the quality of leadership at Penn State is low.
Alumni, you are the strong voice of Penn State throughout the country. We need for you to stay strong your loyalty to Penn State is questioned and attacked.
We need you and we need to stay together. No matter how things turn against us we, as Penn Staters, know that we stand for and we know who we are.
I’m passing this along for those of you who are attending the PSU – Michigan game. Stop by and visit the the exhibit and meet Penn State legends Franco Harris and Jordan Norwood.
WHO: Meet PSU legends on game day!
- Former Nittany Lion wide receiver Jordan Norwood will participate in an “SI Chalk Talk” and autograph session during his appearance from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Former Penn State fullback and Pro Football Hall of Famer Franco Harris will appear from 5:30-7:00 p.m., participating in both an “SI Chalk Talk” and autograph session
WHAT: Sports Illustrated and Nissan have teamed up to celebrate the college football experience and the rich history of the game with a 10-stop national tour at marquee matchups this season. Admission to the tour is free, and fans are encouraged to pick up a special Sports Illustrated special edition that showcases college football’s all-time greatest and most original players… compliments of Nissan.
- Get your picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the Heisman Trophy
- Take a closer look at the 2011 Nissan Maxima premium performance sedan, the original “4-door sports car,” and the 2011 Nissan JUKE Sport Cross Nissan vehicle, where all-wheel drive agility and handling meets turbo-charged performance
- View SI covers and images on 52” touch screen monitors
- Participate in autograph sessions and photo ops with former football greats
- Win prizes by participating in fun, interactive games and challenges
- Register for the BCS Championship Ultimate Experience Sweepstakes
- Keep tabs on the weekend’s action by viewing games and highlights on plasma TVs and a custom 16’ x 9’ LED screen
WHEN: SATURDAY, October 30 – 1 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Located outside the student ticket entrance of the Bryce Jordan Center. 127 Bryce Jordan Center, University Park